[WSBAPT] Testamentary Trust

Eric Nelsen Eric at sayrelawoffices.com
Wed Aug 14 14:32:16 PDT 2019

I think you're right--any distribution into a trust is essentially like a distribution to an heir. They would be subject to the security and clawback rules under Ch. 11.72 RCW<https://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=11.72&full=true> and the PR risks a fiduciary breach if s/he distributes funds and isn't able to recover them if they end up being needed to pay lawful debts of the Estate.

That said, I do advance distributions commonly enough, after advising the PR of the risks and benefits and letting the PR decide whether or not to do it.

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric C. Nelsen
SAYRE LAW OFFICES, PLLC