[WSBAPT] Signature on Affidavit, not Will

Doris Eslinger doris at eslingerlawoffice.com
Mon Aug 5 15:40:38 PDT 2019

What does the Affidavit say? Can it be shown that the testator’s signature on the affidavit was intended as a signature for his will?

RCW 11.12.020<http://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=11.12.020>
Requisites of wills—Foreign wills.
(1) Every will shall be in writing signed by the testator or by some other person under the testator's direction in the testator's presence, and shall be attested by two or more competent witnesses, by subscribing their names to the will, or by signing an affidavit that complies with RCW 11.20.020<http://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=11.20.020>(2), while in the presence of the testator and at the testator's direction or request:

Regards,

Doris Eslinger
Eslinger Law Office

This message is intended only for the addressee.  The information contained in this message is privileged, confidential, and protected by the attorney-client or attorney work product privileges.  Unauthorized forwarding, printing, copying, distribution, disclosure or use of such information is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the addressee, please promptly delete this message and notify the sender of the delivery error by return e-mail or you may call our office at (425) 451-3237. Nothing in this message should be interpreted as a digital or electronic signature that can be used to authenticate a contract or other legal document.