[WSBAPT] association on ep re possible medicaid grab

Megan Farr MSF at farrlawgroup.com
Thu Aug 1 16:29:24 PDT 2019

Roger,

Unfortunately for your client his prenuptial agreement will not protect his assets if his spouse needs long-term care. He will have to pay for her care from his separate assets once her own are depleted. DSHS disregards the terms of prenuptial agreements (the agreement can't be binding on DSHS since they are not a party). I don't know if a legal separation will work or not.

I second the suggestion of consulting with an expert such as Barbara Isenhour or Sean Bleck. Craig Coombs may also be a good resource. It is definitely an issue to address prior to either party becoming incapacitated.

Megan S. Farr
Member | Farr Law Group, PLLC
1110 Stevenson Avenue, Ste. 100 | P.O. Box 890 | Enumclaw, WA 98022-0890
360.825.6581 (o) | 360.825.0780 (f)

This communication is intended only for the above-named recipient.  It might contain information that is subject to the attorney-client privilege and/or is otherwise confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify the above-named sender.