[WSBAPT] Probate's "Must Bring Suit"

Paul Neumiller pneumiller at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 23 14:43:28 PDT 2019

Thanks Eric, I saw those old cases and the old case that said only filing will toll the statute of limitations.  I have a matter with my PR client who rejected a Creditor's Claim.  The claimant filed his complaint on the 29th day after notice of the rejection but didn't serve for five more days (ie. after the 30 days expired.)  I was exploring if it was worth trying to dismiss on grounds that it was late just in case "bring suit" for the purposes of RCW 11.40.100 meant file and serve within 30 days.  Thanks for your input.

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D4F9E2.209619A0]

IMPORTANT NOTICE:  This e-mail message is intended to be received only by persons entitled to receive the confidential information it may contain. E-mail messages to clients of Paul A. Neumiller presumptively contain information that is confidential and legally privileged; e-mail messages to non-clients are normally confidential and may also be legally privileged. Please do not read, copy, forward or store this message unless you are the intended recipient of it. If you have received this message in error, please forward it back to the sender and delete it completely from your computer system.

E-mail communication on the Internet may NOT be secure. There is a risk that this confidential communication may be intercepted illegally. There may also be a risk of waiving attorney-client and/or work-product privileges that may attach to this communication. DO NOT forward this message to a third party. If you have any questions regarding this notice, please contact the sender.