[WSBAPT] Mortgage in different name than Owner at Death - What happens?

nestor at pplsweb.com nestor at pplsweb.com
Fri Apr 19 16:53:15 PDT 2019

The bank can legally force the sale, but in any event, have the elderly person give a power of attorney or authorization related to the mortgage to your client. If something were to happen to the elderly person, the bank will only speak to the PR of the estate, and your client will be in the dark.

Nestor Gorfinkel, Attorney at Law

Licensed in Washington & Florida

Florida Civil-Law (International) Notary

ATTENTION - This e-mail message and any attachment to this e-mail message may contain confidential information that is legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not review, retransmit, convert to hard copy, copy, use or disseminate this e-mail or any attachments to it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by return e-mail or by telephone at the phone numbers provided herein and delete this message. Please note that if this e-mail message contains a forwarded message or is a reply to a prior message, some or all of the contents of this message or any attachments may not have been produced by the sender.