[WSBAPT] Scholarship bequest tips?

Adrienne Keith Wills ak at keithlawandmediation.com
Wed Apr 17 10:38:43 PDT 2019

Hi Listmates:

I have an estate planning client who herself benefitted from a scholarship and is wants to provide for a college scholarship in conjunction with preparing a Will.  She’s thinking the bequest would be in the range of $50,000-$100,000.

This is a new type of request for me.  Based on the Deskbook, it sounds like a Community Foundation may be an option and that the client could select from one of many in the state.  She’s living in Seattle but herself is from Snohomish county.  Alternatively, it sounds like selecting a particular institution (ex. UW) and working with them would be an option.  Am I understanding this right?  Are there tips you might share or CLE resources you can point me to?

Thanks in advance!  Adrienne

--

Adrienne Keith Wills, Attorney/Mediator

Helping family law and estate planning clients create their legacy

1700 Seventh Ave, Suite 2100 | Seattle, WA  98101

Web:   <http://www.adriennekeith.com/> www.AdrienneKeith.com | Tel.  <tel:%28206%29%20523-3047> (206) 523-3047 | Fax (206) 219-6714