[WSBAPT] Question about RCW 88.33 and transfer of real property into Revocable Living Trust

Teunis J. Wyers teunisj at wyerslawpc.com
Wed Apr 3 17:20:25 PDT 2019

I don't think a transfer to a RLT will "wreak havoc" with a forest land
designation, so long as the client is not converting to some more intensive
use.  The county may ask for an update to the client's forest management
plan, which is a requirement to that designation.

On Wed, Apr 3, 2019 at 5:16 PM Sarah Dion <sarah at dionlaw.com> wrote:

> Hi all-
>
> I have a client who owns real property in Chelan County that has been
> designated "forest land" under RCW 88.33.130. He would like to transfer
> ownership of this property to an RLT (assume for good reasons). I am trying
> to make sure the transfer won't wreak havoc with this designation. I've
> been trying to figure this out, but am coming up empty. I confess I don't
> have many clients who own forest land!
>
> Does anyone have insight on this or ideas? Thanks in advance!
>
> Sarah Jael Dion
>
> Dion Law PLLC
> 206-550-4005
> sarah at dionlaw.com
> www.dionlaw.com
>
> This message is private or privileged. If you are not the person for whom
> this message is intended, please notify me immediately and delete the
> message. Please do not copy or send this message to anyone else.
> others.***

Teunis J. Wyers @ Wyers|Wyers, Attorneys
Oregon Office:
     216 Columbia St. - P.O. Box 917
     Hood River, OR 97031
     (541)386-2210/610-1520 (fax)
Washington Office:
     218 E. Steuben St. - P. O. Box 421
     Bingen, WA  98605
     (509) 493-2772/493-2406 (fax)
Email:  teunisj at wyerslawpc.com
Web:  www.wyerslawfirm.com <http://www.wyerslawpc.com>

NOTICE:  This email (including any attachments) is covered by the
Electronic Communications Privacy Act (EPCA), 18 U.S.C., Sec. 2510 - 2522,
is confidential and privileged.  This email is solely for the personal and
confidential use of the recipient(s) named above.  Receipt by anyone other
than the individual recipient(s) is NOT a waiver of attorney-client
privilege.  Any violation of the ECPA is subject to the penalties stated
therein. If you have received this message in error, please notify me
immediately by reply e-mail and immediately delete the original message.