[WSBAPT] Property still in husband's and first wife's name

Mike Winslow mike at winslegal.com
Tue Apr 2 16:53:42 PDT 2019

Assuming H and W #1 took title to property as Community Property (e.g. Husband and Wife), a Lack of Probate affidavit should be sufficient to establish that title vested in the survivor following death of wife. Lack of Probate Affidavits do not “transfer title”. They merely establish the facts which show that title vests in the surviving spouse, as to Community Property, and absent a LWT which might operate to the contrary.

The PR of H’s estate should be able to sign the Lack of Probate Affidavit.

What happens after that is dependent on the H’s LWT, intestacy if no will, and the status of title to any real property he owned at death.
Not clear if there are two parcels, as your fact pattern is confusing when you talk about real property and manufactured houses, then discuss condos.

Michael A. Winslow
1204 Cleveland Ave.
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
Ph. 360-336-3321
Em. Mike at winslegal.com

This message is from an attorney, so it’s confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, it’s too late to stop reading this message, but you may not use it for any improper purpose. Huge Disclaimer available upon request.