[WSBAPT] Lack of Probate Affidavit with Will

Mike Winslow mike at winslegal.com
Wed Sep 26 15:09:09 PDT 2018

Check out the attached that was posted to this list last February by Nick
Pleasants. The information is correct, although the author is unknown to me.
Typically, title companies accept these Lack of Probate Affidavits (LOPA),
if you use the long version. I posted my form to the list recently. I record
the Will and the Death Certificate most of the time.

Some counties will require you to file a Real Estate Excise Tax Affidavit
(REETA)  as a condition of recording the LOPA. Others do not. I am working
on a matrix to address this, but have not had time to complete it. I don't
know if your county requires the REETA. Check with your Treasurer and
Auditor.

Michael A. Winslow
1204 Cleveland Ave.
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
Ph. 360-336-3321
Em. Mike at winslegal.com

This message is from an attorney, so it's confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient, it's too late to stop reading this message, but you may
not use it for any improper purpose. Huge Disclaimer available upon request.