[WSBAPT] Mutual Wills

Philip N. Jones pjones at duffykekel.com
Tue Sep 18 12:34:42 PDT 2018

I apologize for not answering your question by supplying a form or sample language, but instead I will be presumptuous and opinionated and answer a question that you did not ask.  Locking in wills is the same as a contract to make/maintain a will.  Which is very difficult and risky.  What keeps the surviving spouse from keeping her will in place, but changing all of her assets to joint ownership, or TOD, or POD, or in the name of her pool boy?  How the heck is that will/contract going to get enforced?  And aren't the children of the husband going to sue the heck out of the attorney who allowed this to happen?  I would not touch this project with a ten-foot pool cleaning device.  I would run, not walk, the other way.  Your malpractice carrier will thank you.
Phil Jones
Portland, OR