[WSBAPT] Community property agreement change status of trust property?

Doug Owens dougowens at seattlerelawyer.com
Fri Sep 14 13:07:59 PDT 2018

Was there a trustee that was someone other than the grantor?  Yours truly, Doug Owens

On Sep 14, 2018, at 12:06 PM, Christopher Small <chris at cmslawfirm.com<mailto:chris at cmslawfirm.com>> wrote:

Very specific question here - can a community property agreement executed by grantor change the character of property ALREADY transferred into grantor's revocable living trust (and grantor at time is sole beneficiary)?

Any thoughts or a place to look would be helpful.

Thanks!

Christopher Small
CMS Law Firm LLC<http://cmslawfirm.com/>
150 Lake St. S., Suite 218
Kirkland, WA 98033
206.659.1512

Legal stuff I have to put in... To ensure compliance with Treasury Department and IRS regulations, we inform you that, unless expressly indicated otherwise, any federal tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written by CMS Law Firm LLC to be used, and cannot be used by the taxpayer, for the purpose of: (i) avoiding penalties that may be imposed on the taxpayer under the Internal Revenue Code; or (ii) promoting, marketing, or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein (or any attachments).