[WSBAPT] Property in trust changed by community property agreement?

Christopher Small chris at cmslawfirm.com
Fri Sep 14 10:33:24 PDT 2018

Have an interesting one...

1. 2010 individual revocable trust created (person is married)
2. Moves house that is likely separate property into trust
3. 2013 executes community property agreement making all property community property.

Question: does execution of CPA turn trust property into community property?

Cheers,

Christopher Small
CMS Law Firm LLC
150 Lake St. S., Suite 218
Kirkland, WA 98033
206.659.1512

Legal stuff I have to put in... To ensure compliance with Treasury Department and IRS regulations, we inform you that, unless expressly indicated otherwise, any federal tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written by CMS Law Firm LLC to be used, and cannot be used by the taxpayer, for the purpose of: (i) avoiding penalties that may be imposed on the taxpayer under the Internal Revenue Code; or (ii) promoting, marketing, or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein (or any attachments).