[WSBAPT] Redeeming US Savings Bonds

Josh Grant jgrant at accima.com
Thu Sep 6 15:48:39 PDT 2018

I am assisting a PR of an estate;  widowed housewife, married to high school teacher; decedent was a few days short of 106 and was evidently frugal. Not a taxable estate.
There are about $500,000 of U.S. Savings Bonds: HH; and EE;
My client learned that whatever he signs to redeem these; he will have to have his signature Medallion Guaranteed.  He also has been working over the internet with a bank? back east.
I am wondering what is the best way to redeem hundreds of bonds (they are paper bonds) and what entity (bank or whatever) is the easiest and best to work through.

Josh
Joshua F. Grant

P. O. Box 619
Wilbur, WA 99185