[WSBAPT] Beneficiary has changed the locks

Brent Williams-Ruth brent at bwrconsults.com
Fri Oct 26 16:06:22 PDT 2018

I have a probate where the executor and his brother have stopped talking. The brother will eventually become the owner of the decedents home at the end of the process - but he’s gone radio silent and changed the locks.

The Executor has not completed the inventory and was caught off guard that the brother went round the bend like this.

This is a first for me and would love any directional guidance from the brain trust when a simple written request to cooperate has failed.

Can the executor simply call a locksmith or do we need to begin a constructive eviction process?

Appreciate the responses!!

Brent Williams-Ruth
Founding Member
BWR Consulting, PLLC