[WSBAPT] who signs REET to perfect TOD deed?

Cyrus Field cyfield at rockisland.com
Tue Oct 16 15:08:14 PDT 2018

Nevermind-I see (8) specifically states REET for transfer pursuant to  TOD
need only be signed by a beneficiary. Thanks, Cy

Cyrus W. Field, Attorney at Law (admitted in Washington and Oregon)

phone: 360-472-1223 Mail: POB 367, Shaw Island, WA 98286 Office: 640 Mullis
St. Friday Harbor, WA

The information contained in this e-mail message, including attachments, may
be privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If you are not
the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying is
strictly prohibited. If you think you have received this e-mail in error,
please e-mail the sender at cyfield at rockisland.com and destroy or delete the
original and any copies.

Folks- I'm dealing with my first transfer on death deed where grantor has
now died. Pursuant to WAC 458-61A-303(2)(b)(m), a REET is required when
perfecting title by recording a certified copy of transferor's death
certificate, which is what we are now trying to do. But now that transferor
is dead, who signs REET on behalf of grantor? I assume grantee, as there are
no other players, but that seems odd. Thanks in advance for any
enlightenment, Cy