[WSBAPT] PC's mother needs a guardian of her person

Diane J. Kiepe DJKiepe at depdslaw.com
Mon Oct 8 09:42:34 PDT 2018

HI Ralph,

This is a tough situation but if you are acting under a broad POA for a person who is incapacitated, the agent should be able to call APS/Police and have him removed to the same extent mom could.  If mom is not obviously incapacitated this would be very difficult - and if there is truly a danger the guardianship proceeding still may be the best bet.   Better to act sooner then later in these situations.  I can not tell you how many times I have a disgruntle sibling after a death when action could have been taken during life.

Again, wish you and your client the best,

Diane J. Kiepe

Diane J. Kiepe, Attorney at Law
Douglas * Eden
717 W. Sprague Ave., Suite 1500