[WSBAPT] Release of Surplus Funds from Foreclosure

Jill H. Sasser Jill.Sasser at landerholm.com
Wed Oct 3 14:04:27 PDT 2018

I have done this.  I called the clerk and asked them whether they wanted a small estate affidavit or whether they required a motion/order.  In my case, they required a motion/order, so that is what I did.  I would ask the clerk what they will accept.  If you can't get a response, I would do the motion/order.

However, you might also think about whether there are any outstanding creditors with regard to her deceased parent.  That may affect how you proceed.  I think the small estate affidavit requires that all creditors are paid or provided for.  If you do a motion/order, you would want to think about whether you need to provide notice to any creditors.

Thanks,
Jill

Jill H. Sasser | Attorney at Law
Landerholm P.S.