[WSBAPT] [WSBARP] Quit Claim Deed to Trust

Claudia A Gowan claudia at cagowanlaw.com
Mon Oct 1 10:04:33 PDT 2018

Just a quick follow-up to Rebecca's email: property held under a revocable trust will get the step-up on the death of the grantor, but, generally, property held under irrevocable trusts will not receive a step-up. For example, grantor does with a revocable trust that transfer property to a follow-up trust for benefit of her beneficiaries: upon death of the grantor, the property will receive a step-up, but after the property transfers to the irrevocable trust, there will be no further step-ups including when a surviving spouse grantor dies.

Rebecca - so nice of you to keep helping us out even from retirement!!

Best, Claudia

Claudia A. Gowan

Claudia A. Gowan, PLLC
2101 Fourth Avenue, Suite 1900