[WSBAPT] leaving house to partner with provisions for siblings, and more

Kimberly Hammit kim at kimhammitlaw.com
Fri Nov 30 12:17:58 PST 2018

I was hoping to avoid having to do a RLT just for this reason, although it
was my initial thought.

Heather, are you talking about a testamentary trust that the house will go
into?  I've never done anything like that, would you (or anyone else) have
a template I can look at for ideas?

Re the "right of occupancy", is that the same thing as a life estate?  If
so, can I put a provision in a life estate for the right of the partner to
sell?  If anyone has sample language, I would greatly appreciate that as
well!  "O to A for life, then to X and Y, but if A desires to sell then
sale shall be permitted and proceed to be split between A and Y"?

Regards,

Kimberly S. Hammit