[WSBAPT] Question on Property transfer to an LLC

Ralph Maimon rmaimon at maimonlaw.com
Tue Nov 20 14:06:29 PST 2018

My 2 cents:

I think the following deed form is okay:  One deed with Grantors, John Jones, as his separate property and Jane Jones (nee Smith) as her separate property to Grantee, Jones LLC
Then they should agree between themselves that they each own the LLC as community property in a post nup?  Or some separate writing.  I don't think that a separate deed to them as CP is necessary. The LLC is a separate entity.  That is okay for the transfer but the only concern would be whether the proportionate shares will be the same in the LLC, if they transfer from their separate property.  They are tenants in common (?)  to begin with and then they are becoming owners of an indivisible half share of the LLC.  I would double check the exemptions to make sure it is okay.

Ralph Maimon

Law Office of Ralph Maimon, P.S.
2811 E. Madison Street, Suite 202
Seattle, WA 98112
(206) 323-0911
Fax: (206)462-1505
www.maimonlaw.com<http://www.maimonlaw.com/>

This email is confidential. If you have received it in error,
please notify me and delete it from your device
without reading.  Thank you.