[WSBAPT] Question on Property transfer to an LLC

Keil Larsen klarsen at rpwlawfirm.com
Tue Nov 20 13:43:30 PST 2018

Hello all,

A quick question to see whether I have the order of events correctly to transfer property from two individuals into an LLC also owned by them.

Two individuals purchased real property prior to marriage as their separate property.  Later, they were married but never updated the title to the property to reflect the community interest.   The wife also changed her legal name to take her husband's last name.  Now they want to transfer the property into an LLC.

Do I need to have them execute two separate quit claim deeds (1) from their separate property to the community and (2) from the community into the LLC?  Or can this be accomplished by way of one deed in which I reference the prior marriage and subsequent name change?

Thanks for your insight

Keil A. Larsen
Attorney at Law
Reed Pruett Walters Larsen PLLC<http://www.rpwlawfirm.com/>
11120 NE 2nd Street, Suite 200
Bellevue, WA 98004
KLarsen at RPWLawFirm.com<mailto:KLarsen at RPWLawFirm.com>
Direct 206-953-9633
Fax 425-642-8260
NOTICE: The information contained in this email is confidential and may be subject to the attorney-client privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is prohibited.  If you received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender by telephone at the number above.