[WSBAPT] late estate tax return

Thomas M. Culbertson tculbertson at lukins.com
Fri Nov 2 09:04:23 PDT 2018

Phil, take a look at RCW 83.100.070(3).  No penalty if you file before DOR contacts you in writing about the late return. The penalty is 5% of tax due for each month the return is late, but up to a maximum of the lesser of 25% of tax due and (get this) $1,500.   I just filed one a month late and I'm certainly hoping I don't have an undiagnosed case of sudden onset dyslexia.

THOMAS M. CULBERTSON  I  Lukins & Annis, PS
717 W. Sprague Ave, Suite 1600, Spokane, WA 99201
(509) 455-9555  I  fax (509) 363-2500  I  tculbertson at lukins.com<mailto:tculbertson at lukins.com>