[WSBAPT] Time share refusing to accept LOPA.

Heather deVrieze heatherd at westseattlelaw.com
Thu May 31 13:29:41 PDT 2018

Timeshares are often considered real property, requiring deeds to transfer. If that is the case, regardless of the value, they may not be wrong in asking for full probate. The small estate affidavit is technically only for personal property, and to my understanding, a “lack of probate affidavit” is a construct of the title companies, and not a substitute for probate being legally required, except that the title companies will often accept them.

Heather

Heather S. de Vrieze
Attorney-at-Law
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D013C2.30F35160]
3909 California Avenue SW
Seattle, WA 98116-3705
(206)938-5500
heatherd at westseattlelaw.com<mailto:heatherd at westseattlelaw.com>
www.westseattlelaw.com<http://www.westseattlelaw.com/>
Click here to connect with de Vrieze | Carney on Facebook:   [FB Logo] <https://www.facebook.com/DeVriezeCarney>

CONFIDENTIAL & PRIVILEGED. This e-mail message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this e-mail message and any attachment.