[WSBAPT] Order authorizing sale of real estate

Claudia A Gowan claudia at cagowanlaw.com
Wed May 16 11:05:30 PDT 2018

Colleagues, I would appreciate some guidance on the proper procedure for selling real estate from an estate where the court has excepted out the authority to sell real estate from the order granting letters of administration. (The issue here is that one of two intestate beneficiaries is incapacitated and confined to a veterans memory care center).

Do I go back to court and request leave to sell the real estate before it is listed? I assume this is the path because timing would be an issue if I were to request an order authorizing acceptance of an offer.

The PR would like to sell the property privately but I think the court would want it listed on the open market because of the incapacitated intestate heir. Any thoughts on that?

Many thanks,

Claudia

Claudia A. Gowan

Claudia A. Gowan, PLLC