[WSBAPT] Messy Probate

Amy Goertz amyjgoertz at icloud.com
Thu Mar 15 16:09:01 PDT 2018

I started a probate for a man (age 58) who died January 25, 2018, while on a trip to California to gather up his belongings and move to Spokane. At the time of his death, he allegedly had with him a 2014 Ford Pick Up, jet skis, trailer, ATVs, and a motorcycle where he was staying at an RV Park. It is my understanding that he had a heart attack while riding the motorcycle. I was contacted mid-February by his brother, who resides in Maine and has limited mobility. By that time, however, the ex-wife and her brother had purportedly taken everything from the RV Park and then came to Spokane and cleared out the house. The house is mostly empty, including very little furniture, appliances, or tools, all of which the brother believes should have been there. There are a few vehicles in the garage. The brother has contacted the authorities regarding the stolen items, but is having a hard time getting information while he is in Maine.

Is there a Spokane attorney that would be able to work with the brother on this? He needs a lot of help (and some hand holding) and I have another case that is getting ready for trial and I am not able to devote the time this one needs.

Please give me a call or email if you would be interested in helping this guy out and I will fill you in on additional details.

Amy

Amy J. Goertz, J.D.
Goertz & Lambrecht PLLC
amyjgoertz at icloud.com <mailto:amyjgoertz at icloud.com>