[WSBAPT] Deed Transfer Question

Brent Williams-Ruth brent at bwrconsults.com
Tue Mar 13 15:15:30 PDT 2018

List Mates -

I have two separate and distinct tax parcel numbers. I have property that
are in the same neighborhood but in different areas.  But I have but one
Statutory Warranty Deed from 1977 that transferred ownership to my
Decedent.

The Deed starts off with this language:

Lots 29 and 30 in Block 13 and Lots 1 and 2 in Block 9......

The two parcels are 29 & 30 (in one) and 1 & 2 in the other.   The heirs
(distant family) had divided the property among themselves. Would it
therefore be permissible for me to simply have one Deed of PR with a legal
description that starts
"Lots 29 and 30 in Block 13...." and then a second that starts "Lots 1 and
2 in Block 9...."

This is my first time dealing with a property transfer where the original
deed transferred more than one parcel at a time.

Thank you,

Brent

--

*Brent Williams-Ruth*