[WSBAPT] Noncitizen Nonresident PR

Krista MacLaren kjm.inc at mac.com
Thu Jun 14 15:50:29 PDT 2018

I obtained an EIN for my non-resident, non-citizen P.R. by obtaining his signature on the SS-4, and in the box for his SSN, I wrote in “P.R. does not have” and the form showed his non-U.S. address.  I faxed the form in, and they faxed the EIN back within a few days.  Here is a link to the IRS page that mentions fax as a method for obtaining the EIN:  https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/how-to-apply-for-an-ein

Of course it is a bit more hassle to get my client’s signature on things, and early on he had to travel here to handle banking etc, but otherwise there have been no problems.

Krista J. MacLaren
Attorney at Law
Northgate Executive Center II
9725 3rd Ave NE, Suite 600