[WSBAPT] Will Only - convert to Probate

Elizabeth Bateman elizabeth at batemanlawgroup.com
Tue Jun 5 17:07:02 PDT 2018

I've done this many times.  You just prepare your regular petition for
probate (with a mention that will was filed with the court on such-and-such
a date), go to the clerk's office, file the petition, and pay the full
filing fee.  You can reuse the cause number.  You can ask that the clerk
bring the will to the courtroom.  The court needs the original will to
admit it to probate (certified copy will not do) and the clerk will not
give the original will to you--it has to stay in the court's possession.

On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 5:00 PM, Steve Waltar <steve at waltar.com> wrote:

> *I have a client whose spouse passed away. I did a Will Only Filing of the
> deceased’s will as no probate action was deemed necessary at that time. *
>
> *Nonetheless at this time it looks like probate is needed. *
>

> *Is anyone familiar with the procedure to retrieve the filled Will from
> the Will Repository so the Judge/Commissioner can have it at the initial
> probate hearing? *
>

> *Stephen M. Waltar*
>
> Attorney at Law
>

> [image: cid:image001.png at 01D3F800.52B1D170] <http://www.waltar.com/>   [image:
> LEGACY - Final Graphics-05] <http://www.waltar.com/>
>
> Legacy Estate Planning, LLC
>
> A division of Stephen M. Waltar PS
>

> 1750 112th Avenue NE, Suite C245, Bellevue, WA 98004
>
> *info at waltar.com <info at waltar.com>*  |  425.455.6788 o |  425.450.4601 f
>

> [image: yelp]
> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.yelp.com_biz_stephen-2Dm-2Dwaltar-2Dps-2Dbellevue&d=DwMFAg&c=lyRy51zjx4hQJcB3JCGUOU5vX-jEGJJtBuA7jLo19lU&r=TYGWvaYlnW8U-JFPViPoSrCyI2zMwT_mLdmWUQrLmOQ&m=MGhtFppGXmb3jRT1eyK2_Vv70EGl8R-DU22LRv3VRAI&s=a89P3SfyaWGNCVXSqP1f5Li43C53HbQ7k5s-H8sPMjU&e=>
> [image: download]
> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.linkedin.com_pub_stephen-2Dwaltar_7_1a1_2b0&d=DwMFAg&c=lyRy51zjx4hQJcB3JCGUOU5vX-jEGJJtBuA7jLo19lU&r=TYGWvaYlnW8U-JFPViPoSrCyI2zMwT_mLdmWUQrLmOQ&m=MGhtFppGXmb3jRT1eyK2_Vv70EGl8R-DU22LRv3VRAI&s=4oFLhqFoITu81ajYvGsJyY0Xhwm4kMdlCCC1a-jEl-0&e=>
>   [image: facebook_logo-150x150]
> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.facebook.com_Stephen-2DM-2DWaltar-2DPS-2D663832273655743_timeline_&d=DwMFAg&c=lyRy51zjx4hQJcB3JCGUOU5vX-jEGJJtBuA7jLo19lU&r=TYGWvaYlnW8U-JFPViPoSrCyI2zMwT_mLdmWUQrLmOQ&m=MGhtFppGXmb3jRT1eyK2_Vv70EGl8R-DU22LRv3VRAI&s=OETy828aPHb4XItE-sB8UPM43O1jgzP-sSRItwWhtuA&e=>
>   [image: Screen-Shot-2015-05-22-at-2]
> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.avvo.com_attorneys_98004-2Dwa-2Dstephen-2Dwaltar-2D23359.html&d=DwMFAg&c=lyRy51zjx4hQJcB3JCGUOU5vX-jEGJJtBuA7jLo19lU&r=TYGWvaYlnW8U-JFPViPoSrCyI2zMwT_mLdmWUQrLmOQ&m=MGhtFppGXmb3jRT1eyK2_Vv70EGl8R-DU22LRv3VRAI&s=sB_zI9eLq-cShIljEvTmyxk-E5Hp9oQvdiPrc6Zlpdo&e=>
>  [image: SMW Logo - small (150x147) - BLACK]
> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.waltar.com_&d=DwMFAg&c=lyRy51zjx4hQJcB3JCGUOU5vX-jEGJJtBuA7jLo19lU&r=TYGWvaYlnW8U-JFPViPoSrCyI2zMwT_mLdmWUQrLmOQ&m=MGhtFppGXmb3jRT1eyK2_Vv70EGl8R-DU22LRv3VRAI&s=N5uTUFuWfmy9s_fMdrutoFz4OsuPKchTXQWB_IubxHE&e=>
>
> *Circular 230 Warning**:  This communication is not intended to
> constitute tax advice and may not be used by any person or entity for the
> purpose of avoiding penalties that may be imposed by the Internal Revenue
> Service.*
>
> *Confidentiality Notice**: The information contained herein and any
> attachments are a private communication sent by the Law Firm of Stephen M.
> [...]

Elizabeth G. Bateman

Associate Attorney

*Admitted in Washington and Minnesota *
*Bateman Law Group, PLLC*

999 Third Avenue, Suite 2525

Seattle, WA  98104-4089

Tel: (206) 224-0900

Fax: (206) 467-8028

This email is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 USC
Sections 2510-2521 and is legally privileged. This information is
confidential and is intended only for the use of the individual or entity
named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of
this communication is strictly prohibited. If you think that you have
received this email message in error, please notify the sender via email or
by telephone at (206) 224-0900.

IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE - Pursuant to requirements related to practice
before the Internal Revenue Service, any tax advice contained in this
communication (including attachments) is not intended to be used, and
cannot be used, for purposes of avoiding penalties imposed under the United
States Internal Revenue Code or promoting, marketing or recommending to
another person any tax-related matter.