[WSBAPT] Family Allowance 11.54 and TEDRA

Peter D. Haroldson peter at torresharoldson.com
Thu Jul 12 14:29:20 PDT 2018

Dear Listmates:

I am considering filing a petition for family allowance in King County on behalf of petitioner/surviving spouse, who is the sole beneficiary of a small testate estate subject to creditor's claims.  I have a question on procedure which is murky under LCRs and Title 11.

  1.  RCW 11.54 appears to require a full TEDRA petition (not just TEDRA notice) therefore the family allowance must be filed as a separate proceeding, correct?
  2.  Would it also be titled "Estate of John Doe, deceased", the same as the probate?
  3.  Do heirs require notice if will contest period has passed?
  4.  Does anyone have pleadings for family allowance they would mind sharing?

Thank you!

Peter D. Haroldson
Torres & Haroldson, PLLC
PO BOX 530
Maple Valley, WA 98038
Email: peter at torresharoldson.com<mailto:peter at torresharoldson.com>
Facebook: fb.me/torresharoldson<https://fb.me/torresharoldson>
Phone: 425.458.3170

NOTICE: The contents of this message, including any attachments, may be protected by attorney-client privilege, the work product doctrine or other applicable legal protections.  If you are not the intended recipient or have received this message in error, please notify the sender and promptly delete the message. Thank you for your cooperation.
CLIENT ADVISORY:   If you have not received a Reply to an e-mail message within forty-eight hours, please call our office to ensure receipt of your message.
IRS CIRCULAR 230 DISCLAIMER:  To ensure compliance with requirements imposed by the IRS, I inform you that any U.S. tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code; or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or tax-related matter addressed herein.