[WSBAPT] Proving Copy of Will

John J. Sullivan sullaw at comcast.net
Tue Jan 23 14:54:15 PST 2018

Heather:

I have myself submitted affidavits/declarations in your situation.

It seems to me you can testify that at the time you prepared the Codicil your client had no intent to revoke the Will, but only to revise particular sections.

Especially if you have an ongoing relationship with the client before he died, mightn’t you be able to testify at least that to the best of your knowledge and belief the original Will has disappeared under circumstances not evidencing intent to revoke. You don’t know for sure that the intent was absent, but don’t you know for sure that client never expressed to you an intent to revoke? That’s always been enough in the cases I’ve brought to the Commissioners.

John Sullivan

Sent from my iPhone