[WSBAPT] Transfer to Trust

Paul Grant paulnnepa at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 21:21:16 PST 2018

Amy's answer is the issue.  When you move an investment account from a
single or joint, the institution requires a new account for the trust.
Because the account is new it removes the beneficiary designation of the
last account.  However, even with all of that, the other posts are also
accurate, other than a life insurance policy or annuity, which are attached
to a insured/annuitant, the trust never dies so the trust instructions
therefore rule the distribution.

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Paul H. Grant - JD, LL.M

Planning with Purpose, Inc
Lynnwood, WA 98036
425-939-9948
www.planningwithpurposeinc.com

Estate Planning. Business Planning. Wealth Succession.