[WSBAPT] Taking Dad off Title to Real Property

Sara D. Longley sara at longley-law.pro
Fri Jan 19 17:02:37 PST 2018

True story: my partner and I refinanced our house many moons ago while I was in law school.  Since I wasn’t working the lender assumed I would not be contributing to the loan payments and drafted all the documents without my name as a co-borrower on the new loan.  At the signing, they basically gave us the option to come back in three days when they could have new documents printed up, or for my partner to sign then and there as the sole borrower.

I am now half owner of a house with no personal liability on the mortgage.  Of course I’m paying my half, but I was blown away that (a) they did that in the first place, and (b) they weren’t more concerned for my partner’s financial wellbeing.

Happy weekend to all,

Sara

Sara D. Longley, J.D., LL.M.

LONGLEY LAW PLLC

1734 NW Market Street

Seattle, WA 98107

 <tel:%28206%29%20434-5644> (206) 434-5644

 <mailto:Sara at longley-law.pro> Sara at Longley-law.pro

 <http://www.longley-law.pro/> www.longley-law.pro

This email is intended only for the individual to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or exempt from disclosure.  If you have received this message in error, please inform the sender by telephone or reply email and delete this message and all attachments.  Thank you.