[WSBAPT] Rule of Thumb for Distribution Disparity?

Eric Nelsen Eric at sayrelawoffices.com
Tue Feb 27 09:26:52 PST 2018

I'm with Heather. These are essentially agreed sales from Estate to a specific heir, at a set price agreed upon by all heirs, with credit toward the purchase price for the heir's interest in the estate. There will be excise tax owing for the amount paid by the heir, title insurance would be smart for the buyer, easiest to have escrow handle the transaction--it all points to doing this as purchase and sale agreements. That also achieves the concrete timeframe for getting the cash together--and ensures there's no transfer of property until the amount is paid to the Estate.

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric C. Nelsen
SAYRE LAW OFFICES, PLLC