[WSBAPT] Testamentary Gift to Ex-Wife Contingent on Long List of Provisions

Christina Faucett christina at faucettlegal.com
Mon Feb 26 13:56:14 PST 2018

I have a client who wants to write a Will leaving a certain sum to be
distributed in various chunks over time to his ex-wife provided that she
fulfills a long list of provisions. Final distribution would not occur any
earlier than his youngest daughter's graduation from high school (she is
now twelve). My initial thought is that in order to fulfill this bequest he
is going to have to put that sum into a trust for the ex-wife that contains
these provisions, and designate a trustee to make the distributions as he
wants. Is there a better way to do this or am I thinking along the right
line?

Thanks,
Christina Faucett
Attorney at Law
faucettlegal.com
(206) 650-2420

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
The contents of this e-mail message and any attachments are intended solely
for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged
information and may be legally protected from disclosure.  If you are not
the intended recipient of this message or their agent, or if this
message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the
sender by reply email and then delete this message and any attachments.  If
you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use,
dissemination, copying, or storage of this message or its attachments
is strictly prohibited.