[WSBAPT] any penalties for not disclosing DOD value on non-probate asset to PR?

Kate Szurek kate at skagitlaw.com
Thu Feb 15 15:01:53 PST 2018

Listmates:

Alaska Credit Union is refusing to give us (with an authorization for release of information) or the court-appointed PR the date of death value of an account that was POD, interestingly enough, to the PR (as the decedent's surviving spouse).  Won't give it to him in his capacity as beneficiary either.

I'm going to take on the supervisor tomorrow in a joint phone conference w/ the PR/beneficiary, armed with the code and regs and state law, but what I haven't found (yet) is what the credit union might face for failure to disclose the needed information.  I have a vague memory of seeing something somewhere . . .

Can any one of you help?

Thanks in advance!!

Kate

Kate Szurek, J.D., LL.M.
kate at skagitlaw.com<mailto:kate at skagitlaw.com>

[SkagitLaw_Signature (2)]
Skagit Law Group, PLLC
P.O. Box 336 / 227 Freeway Drive, Suite B
Mount Vernon, WA  98273
360.336.1000
360.336.6690 (fax)
http://www.skagitlaw.com<http://www.skagitlaw.com/>