[WSBAPT] LLC vs. Will contrary provision

nestor at pplsweb.com nestor at pplsweb.com
Thu Dec 13 15:53:07 PST 2018

The LLC or operating agreement will have a provision that there is a restriction on the sale and transfer and that the LLC will have the right to purchase the interest for $1.00 upon death. I would suggest that lease agreements are entered into between the LLC and each member that terminates upon death (or within X amount of days upon death).

Upon death of the member, any devisee or beneficiary (or PR) of the member will be subject to the terms of the LLC agreement and lease.  I am not sure how this can be challenged, but I am willing to know if it can and how.

Nestor Gorfinkel, Attorney at Law

Licensed in Washington & Florida

Florida Civil-Law (International) Notary

ATTENTION - This e-mail message and any attachment to this e-mail message may contain confidential information that is legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not review, retransmit, convert to hard copy, copy, use or disseminate this e-mail or any attachments to it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by return e-mail or by telephone at the phone numbers provided herein and delete this message. Please note that if this e-mail message contains a forwarded message or is a reply to a prior message, some or all of the contents of this message or any attachments may not have been produced by the sender.