[WSBAPT] Questions Regarding Insolvent Testate Probate

Heather deVrieze heatherd at westseattlelaw.com
Tue Dec 11 09:16:03 PST 2018

This doesn’t help with the sale of property within the claim period, but I have been able to make estates solvent by getting creditors to voluntarily reduce their claims.

A letter to them (with the notice of possible insolvency) stating that the claims submitted to date appear to exceed the value of the estate, the extra costs and time to resolve if the estate isn’t “solvent” and suggesting a reduction (generally a percentage) of their claim that would leave the estate with enough funds to pay expenses and claims and keep something small for their trouble.

Why does said Personal Representative want to sell? Is this a transaction with a related party, a deal that was agreed to while decedent was still living?

Heather

Heather S. de Vrieze
Attorney-at-Law
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D013C2.30F35160]
3909 California Avenue SW
Seattle, WA 98116-3705
(206)938-5500
heatherd at westseattlelaw.com<mailto:heatherd at westseattlelaw.com>
www.westseattlelaw.com<http://www.westseattlelaw.com/>

Please note our office will be closed:  Dec 24, 25, 26, Dec 31 and Jan 1st.
Click here to connect with de Vrieze | Carney on Facebook:   [FB Logo] <https://www.facebook.com/DeVriezeCarney>

CONFIDENTIAL & PRIVILEGED. This e-mail message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this e-mail message and any attachment.