[WSBAPT] Reporting Gifts Within Three Years on WA Estate Returns

John J. Sullivan sullaw at comcast.net
Fri Aug 31 19:52:47 PDT 2018

Thanks Phil and Chris.

I concur,  in the end I buried the statement in the continuation sheet to Schedule G and enclosed the Form 709.

I t irks me a bit to be asked to provide information irrelevant to the return, since the gifts aren’t subject to the three year rule. I suspect the DOR is fishing for data to build a case at the Legislature for adding a gift tax.

In the end I decided to err on the side of disclosure. No sense making your client look like she’s hiding something she doesn’t need to hide.

Thanks and have a good weekend.

John J. Sullivan

Sent from my iPad