[WSBAPT] Revoking a will in favor of trust

John J. Sullivan sullaw at comcast.net
Mon Aug 27 17:03:14 PDT 2018

Brent:

The power to change testamentary dispositions has to be specifically granted in the power of attorney.

I have taken the position that even without that an AIF can revise the means for disposition as long as the substantive dispositive design intended by the principal is followed. For example, I have advised an AIF to create and fund an RLT that is identical in dispositive terms  to the principal’s Will.

John J. Sullivan

Sent from my iPhone