[WSBAPT] father trying to preserve inheritance for children

Marvin Benson marvinbensonlaw at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 15:07:11 PDT 2018

I'm sure you asked the questions about your client's assets.  Sometimes
elderly people can thinks of themselves as poor when they are not.  Once a
client in her late 80's came to be worried about how she would pay nursing
home bills for her husband's care.  Upon inquiry I learned, a)  they had
long term care insurance that would pay over half the cost of the nursing
home, b)  their annual income was on the order of $150,000 per year, and
c)  they had about half a million in  assets in addition to their paid for
home.. Anyway, she was able to manage the payments.

Marvin Benson