[WSBAPT] d4a Trust & Section 8 Housing - Resource Recommendation?

delp at whidbey.net delp at whidbey.net
Fri Aug 17 12:13:41 PDT 2018

Hello David:

I just wanted to note one pitfall I experienced in a similar case back in 2016.  (I have not researched this issue since that time, so this may be out-of-date.)  In my client’s case, the local housing authority reduced the client’s Section 8 housing voucher during their annual benefit review because the housing authority viewed distributions from the client’s d4a trust to third parties for the payment of utilities as income.   The housing authority reversed its position and restored the section 8 voucher after reviewing DeCambre v. Brookline Housing Authority.  Sean Bleck’s 2016 article was very helpful as well.

Good luck,

Margaret

--

Law Office of Margaret Delp