[WSBAPT] Deny PR or Trustee Fee for breach of fiduciary duty?

Tom Westbrook tjw at w3net.net
Thu Aug 16 19:54:45 PDT 2018

Hey Eric,

Since you give so freely of great advice to this list, I wish I could give
you exactly what you want. The only thing I could find in looking at my
Washington Probate Deskbook is *Allard v. Pacific National Bank*, 99 Wn.2d
394 (1983). Here the court found the bank “…liable for the damages that
flowed from its breach of fiduciary duty.” Seems to me logically that any
fee the fiduciary took for its services would be under the scrutiny of this
case as part of the damages to the estate. But, I don’t have that case in
my back pocket.

Good luck!

Best Regards,

Tom

Thomas J. Westbrook

Attorney at Law

[image: whiteRKCS_newlogo50_email_sig]

Rodgers, Kee & Card, P.S.

324 West Bay Drive NW, Suite 201

Olympia, Washington  98502

Phone: 360-352-8311

Facsimile: 360-352-8501

Email: tjw at buddbaylaw.com

Skype: thomas.westbrook

www.buddbaylaw.com

The information contained in this email and attachment(s) are for the
exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain private, privileged
and/or confidential information.  If you are not the addressee, you are
strictly prohibited from reading, photocopying, distributing or otherwise
using this email or its contents in any way. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone at
360-352-8311 or by e-mail to shannon at buddbaylaw.com, and destroy the
original message from your electronic files.