[WSBAPT] Open a probate or not

nestor at pplsweb.com nestor at pplsweb.com
Thu Aug 16 12:24:40 PDT 2018

Eric,

Great points. My understanding of the question posed is that accident
occurred 18 months ago and the decedent just passed away. The problem is
that as a defendant in suit or claim (the decedent) has a duty to cooperate
with the insurance company or face denial of coverage.

Kristina,

How long ago did the decedent pass away? If 18 months ago, then you could
wait it out for 6 months, but someone needs to monitor communications sent
by the insurance company (eventhough they will not speak with you).

Nestor

Nestor Gorfinkel, Attorney at Law

Licensed in Washington & Florida

Florida Civil-Law (International) Notary

ATTENTION - This e-mail message and any attachment to this e-mail message
may contain confidential information that is legally privileged. If you are
not the intended recipient, you must not review, retransmit, convert to hard
copy, copy, use or disseminate this e-mail or any attachments to it. If you
have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by return
e-mail or by telephone at the phone numbers provided herein and delete this
message. Please note that if this e-mail message contains a forwarded
message or is a reply to a prior message, some or all of the contents of
this message or any attachments may not have been produced by the sender.