[WSBAPT] Open a probate or not

Kristina Driessen kristina at rdattys.comcastbiz.net
Thu Aug 16 11:26:42 PDT 2018

HI All:

I am trying to wrap my head around a situation.  The decedent had a reverse mortgage whereas they MAY be 100k after all is said and done; depending on the market.  The issue is that the decedent was in an auto accident about 18 months ago.  It appears it was a significant accident [the other person was on a motorcycle and had head injuries].  The decedent was sited for what that is worth.

What is the best strategy........open an  probate and then discuss with her insurance the status of the accident.  Try to talk to the insurance now; no guarantee they will speak to us as no PR yet.  In the last scenario we then let the cat out of the bag that decedent has passed.

My gut says open the probate and investigate more.  Any insight?

Kristina Driessen

A Street Legal Services