[WSBAPT] Disclaimer Trust, Joint Asset

John Creahan john at cairn-law.com
Thu Apr 19 11:00:48 PDT 2018

Yes, I agree that the decedent’s share will pass to the survivor, who can then disclaim it into the marital trust. If the survivor disclaims the entire value of the house (assuming there are sufficient assets), the entire house could pass to the marital trust as a non-pro rata distribution.

John Creahan
www.cairn-law.com<http://www.cairn-law.com/>
Now located in the heart of Fremont
3417 Evanston Ave. N, Suite 312