[WSBAPT] titling in decedent

Cyrus Field cyfield at rockisland.com
Mon Apr 2 11:59:51 PDT 2018

Folks- I have a probate where we have a pending sale of R/P. Turns out decedent owned the property with ex spouse and back in 2004, I believe as part of divorce, they, as trustees, deeded  property out of their Joint RLT. Problem is decedent didn’t execute deed in his capacity as trustee. Ex spouse is willing to cooperate and initially title company said she could execute new deed as sole trustee but they didn’t know whether grantee could be in name of decedent or his estate. I’m hoping, regardless, PR can sign REET as grantee either way. I haven’t seen the trust and haven’t looked at any dissolution decree. While I am waiting to hear back from title company, I was curious whether others had any experience/suggestions they might be willing to share especially regarding who the grantee should be. TIA, Cy

Cyrus W. Field, Attorney at Law (admitted in Washington and Oregon)

phone: 360-472-1223 Mail: POB 367, Shaw Island, WA 98286 Office: 640 Mullis St. Friday Harbor, WA

The information contained in this e-mail message, including attachments, may be privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited. If you think you have received this e-mail in error, please e-mail the sender at cyfield at rockisland.com and destroy or delete the original and any copies.