[WSBAPT] Joint probate?

Krista MacLaren kjm.inc at mac.com
Sun Apr 1 19:20:41 PDT 2018

Hi Randolph,

You can probate them together.  I imagine it works best if most of their property was jointly owned.  I would just modify your typical petition to explain the circumstances and appoint a single P.R. for both.  I have been told that some institutions, like brokerages, don’t like it when they are joint, but again, if the accounts appear to be joint, I don’t think you’ll have any problems resulting from a combined probate.

Krista

Krista J. MacLaren
Attorney at Law
Northgate Executive Center II