[WSBAPT] FW: Affidavit of NP

Lisa E Schuchman lisa at lisaschuchman.com
Wed Sep 20 09:50:56 PDT 2017

Hi, listmates,

My decedent had a will that left everything in equal shares to a friend and a charitable organization.  (Her probate estate was minimal.)  RCW 11.62.010 says that the successor has to give written notice, either by personal service or by mail, identifying his or her claim, and describing the property claimed, to all other successors of the decedent.  RCW 11.62.005 says that successors include "persons who are entitled to the claimed property pursuant to the terms and provisions of the last will and testament of the decedent or by virtue of the laws of intestate succession."  Does that mean that all parents/siblings have to receive notice or is it an either/or?  If yes, what would the Notice look like?

Thanks for your thoughts on this.

Lisa E. Schuchman
206-960-4212
www.lisaschuchman.com<http://www.lisaschuchman.com/>

I learn, I give. - Gloria Steinem

NOTE: I do not use encrypted email.  Messages sent to or from my office via email are not secure and may not be protected by attorney-client privilege. This email address is not monitored at all times.  If your matter is urgent, please phone my office during regular business hours.

Any tax advice included in this document and its attachments was not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used, for the purpose of avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code.
P  Please consider the trees before printing this document