[WSBAPT] referral to counsel in Carlsbad CA

Allen Draher allen at draherlaw.com
Thu Sep 14 13:15:15 PDT 2017

I'm looking for a referral in Carlsbad,California.  My client's father and his step-mother entered into a contract with a senior living center. Dad died in 2011.  Apparently, there was a deposit of approximately $360,000 that is refundable upon the death of the Step-Mother.  My client probated his Father's estate in King County. Still open by the way. Father and Step Mother were told to designate a living trust to receive the funds upon return of the remaining deposit.  The parties designated the only trust they had which appently was a simple real estate trust for a parcel of property that has been long ago sold.  The Step-Mother signed a document in 2011 acknowledging that the refund should be divided between her (or her heirs) and the Father's heirs upon her
"leaving the property," but the "entity" is apparently insisting upon a California trust as the designated recipient.  My client (who is one of three surviving children (deceased children died without issue) needs to either have a lawyer create the self-serving trust or convince the home that they should be able to distribute to the heirs directly.  Any suggestions.  I can give more details on the "home" upon request.  Thanks,  Allen