[WSBAPT] VAPA attorney needed in Snohomish County

Sarah Duncan sdunc at adamslawyers.com
Wed Sep 6 08:37:58 PDT 2017

Good morning, list mates.   I am looking for an attorney who can act quickly to pursue a VAPA Petition in Snohomish County to restrain daughter of my client from using recently obtained POA, reinstate previous POA in place and to return client to her care facility.

Additional details:   A long-time estate planning client of mine is suffering from diminished capacity and daughter recently took client to another lawyer to have new POAs prepared and has removed client from her care facility over the weekend.  No one knows where the client is currently residing.   This was done after several efforts of the daughter to have me meet with client to encourage a change of the POA, which I did not pursue in light of the fact that my client was previously adamant that the daughter not serve as Agent under her POA, my client’s memory was failing and the current POA in place was working.   My client had named her long-time friend and life partner as Agent under her POA and has had this plan in place for several years.  There was no reason to make any changes.

Anyone available to pursue a VAPA Petition in Snohomish County?

Thank you,
Sarah E. Duncan
Adams & Duncan, Inc., P.S.
Lawyers